Ever Growing Coffins
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Ending Some Things...
We had our very last dance competition in Malad yesterday. It's bitter sweet to see this ending, but my mom and I were talking about it on the ride home and we know that it's time to stop now. But I am sad for those parents and kids that have to decide to conform to what is "norm" in the dancing world. The costumes, music and dance moves are becoming more and more mature and we were almost that little podunk studio that covered a specific niche for those people that felt the same way we did. I have been thinking alot about this since Libby is getting to that age where I want her to start dance if she wants to, but I don't want her to feel like she's giving up something just to have to participate. I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that, I like the feeling that I can have control over what my child particpates and doesn't to an extent. I've seen too many girls who have given up something just to fit in and dance somewhere that's "popular". I hope that there are more people who feel like I do and not the other way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I admit I was a bit surprised to learn that your dance studio is closing. Rexburg is a pretty decent place to find what you offered in a dance studio, but I'm quite sure we won't be here--or in Idaho--when we have kids that may start dance or other activities. It'll be worth the search to find them though--however frustrating or futile it may seem. I'm sure that the experience and example of doing so will be for the best!
ReplyDelete